Ice Center Skating School
Ice skating is an exciting, invigorating and enjoyable activity. In the Ice Center Skating School, you'll learn the skills that will enable you to enjoy a lifetime of fun and exercise. Step-by-step instruction in pleasant, supervised surroundings makes learning safe and easy. New skaters are always welcomed. Classes are grouped by age and ability, and meet once per week.
Skating School Benefits:
Your First Lesson
- 30 minute lesson once per week
- FREE skate rental on lesson day
- FREE admission to all public sessions (Does not include skate rental)
- 3 FREE guest admission passes to public sessions (Does not include skate rental)
- Family and multiple discounts
- Students graded and tested regularly
- Recitals, shows and competitions
- Make-up session. If you miss one of your regular lessons, you may make it up by attending another lesson of the same or similar level. All make-up lessons must be taken by the end of the session. No credit is given for missed lessons. If you need to make-up a lesson, obtain a make-up coupon from the Ice Center cashier and present it to your make-up class instructor.
- Curriculum geared toward the Ice Skating Institute.
- The ice rink is cold all year around, so please be sure to dress warmly
- Bring gloves or mittens, and socks
- Arrive early
- Present your student ID card for admission to the Ice Center rink
- Present your student ID card at the skate rental counter and tell the attendant you shoe size
- Skates should fit snugly and be tied tightly. Normally, the skate size will be 1 to 2 sizes smaller than street shoes
- The first day classes meet off ice in front of the skate rental counter
Classes available for all ages and abilities:
- Introductory Classes
- Snowball Classes, Ages 3-6
- Parent & Tot Classes, Ages 3-6
- Adult Intro Lessons
- More Advanced classes from Pre-Alpha Through Freestyle
PREVIOUS SKATING SCHOOL STUDENTS SKATING SCHOOL CLASSES CAN RESTART.
We are very happy to be able to fully reopen our very popular Skating School classes starting on June 15. Every student who had classes remaining when the rink was forced to close on March 14, 2020 will get a prorated credit to apply to these new classes. In addition to the prorated credit amount each student is due based on how many class sessions remained when the rink closed, we are giving each student an ADDITIONAL 10% CREDIT BONUS that can be applied to any new class offering.
We understand that some of you might want to wait before coming back to class; all credits, including the 10% bonus, will be available throughout all of 2021 for any class offering.
Here, you will find a list of all the classes that were in operation as of March 14, 2020, and the associated credit (and bonus) that is available. If you don't know which class you were in, you can go into your Ice Center account for that information.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR NEW CLASSES
To be eligible for the credit, you will need to register for your new classes on-line. Because of limitations of our software, when you register it will show the full price of the class. However, before your credit card is actually charged, we will manually apply the credit and bonus you are owed. Your card will only be charged for the balance due. You can view the details of your transaction from your Ice Center account once it's processed. Click HERE to go to the page showing the new class schedule, registration information and payment.